Ms. Brown's Classroom Expectations
CALIFORNIA MUSICAL THEATRE’S 2017 SEASON
SUMMER PROFESSIONAL ASSISTANTSHIPS
The 2017 Summer Professional Assistantship’s Program is currently accepting new candidates!
Providing hands on learning opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students who are getting ready to embark upon a career in professional theatre.
The Professional Assistant Program is designed for advanced theatre students interested in theatre administration careers.
California Musical Theatre’s Academy provides practical experiences in the presentation and production of quality musical theatre.
Professional Assistants have the opportunity to enhance their practical knowledge and skills through close interaction with Music Circus’ staff.
We are looking for mature, self-reliant, articulate students who are able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Professional Assistants, who are encouraged to achieve as many career-building goals and objectives as possible, have the opportunity to gain both practical experience and professional contacts through the program.
In addition, participants gain further insight into the art of musical theatre with weekly scheduled presentations by guest artists from the Music Circus season.
- Full-time and Part-time assistantships:
- Mid-May through August, 30-40 hours/week
- $40 per day stipend
- College credit
- Housing and transportation is not provided
Music Circus Professional Assistantship Program offers the opportunity to:
- Work for California Musical Theatre, California’s largest nonprofit musical theatre company
- Join a professional, artistic community and make valuable contacts during our fast-paced Music Circus season
- Gain vital training and mentorship towards a professional career in arts administration
- Receive insight into the art and operation of professional theatre through weekly guest speakers