How to take care of your school textbooks!
All students, without outstanding fines, are issued textbooks for student assigned classes. Students are expected to use and care for their textbooks appropriately. Any damages to the textbooks when returned to the library will result in fines charged to the student. We encourage all students to follow these guidelines to help prevent any damages or loss to their school assigned textbooks. Please encourage your child(ren) to follow these textbook care guidelines.
Remember the 7-Day Rule - It’s the student’s responsibility to check the condition of each textbook for damages & report them to the librarian within 7 days after checkout!
1) Please cover your textbooks with a book cover. You can purchase one at most stores. Paper covers are available at the library for free. (If you use a paper cover please do not tape your cover to your book.)
2) Never write or draw in your textbook. (You will be charged for any writing or marks found in your textbook. Please erase marks you find in your book.)
3) Keep your textbook dry when it rains. Your backpack is not waterproof so wrap your textbook in a plastic grocery bag inside your backpack when it rains. (You will be charged for any water damage to your textbook. If your book gets moldy you will be charged for the replacement of the entire book.)
4) Keep track of your textbook and don’t loan them out to friends. (These books are checked out under your name only. You are responsible for any lost or stolen textbooks.)
5) Keep your pets away from your textbooks. (Don't let your pets use your books as a chew toy or a potty pad.)
6) Keep your younger siblings away from your textbooks. (Don't let them draw, scribble, or cause any damage to your textbooks.)
7) Keep food and drinks away from your textbook. (Keep your textbook free from any food or drink stains.)