This month @ PGHS/KAMS Library we are celebrating
Teen Tech Week!
This month we are showcasing our “Museum of Technology”
as a visual display of how far we have come in the technology tools we use for everyday life and for school. This is a great reminder about how important technology literacy is for students to be successful in school and prepare for college & beyond.
Also on display are great Technology Fiction & Non-Fiction books for students to checkOUT!
Stop by the library today!
The Book is Always Better!
This month we are celebrating books that have been made into movies. Two popular teen books made into movies include
Wonder by R.J. Palacio (in theater March 3rd, 2017)
& Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. (in theater April 7, 2017)
In collaboration with this month’s theme the library displayed tunnel books created by students in Ms. McTizic’s art classes. Her students recreated book covers for several books that have been turned into movies. This month’s library challenge requires students to match the tunnel book covers & book clues with the correct book title.
Correct responses will get you an entry in our March library raffle for movie posters & movie tickets! Don't Miss Out!
Do you have Sacramento Public Library Card?
(Click on the link above to download the form to apply for a Sacramento Public Library card.)
“Happiness is having your own library card!" -- Sally from Peanuts
PGHS/KAMS Librarians Supports Our Students & Teachers!
Resources Available at KAMS/PGHS LIbrary:
Computer Use Policy:
Computers are for school-related work and School Loop access only. See the Pleasant Grove High School and Katherine Albiani Middle School Student Handbooks for the Elk Grove Unified School District's Acceptable Use Policy for computers.
- Students must have a School ID or other Photo ID to use a computer at the library.
(Student may also get a note from a teacher if no school ID or photo ID is available)
- Students must check-in at the computer desk to be assigned to use a computer at the library.
- Students may print-out their computer work at the library.
Library Book Lending Policy:
- Up to 3 library books can be checked out for three weeks; most books can be renewed.
- Photo ID cards are required to check out books at the library.
- Students with overdue books or fines may NOT continue to check out books. Payment plans are available for lost items and fines.
- No fines are charged for overdue days, as long as the book is returned to the library.